Friday, September 7, 2007

Renton Farmer's Market


Fresh basil, apricots, & blueberries were among our market finds.

I am in love with farmer's markets. I went to one in Provo and came home with some delicious zucchini and tomatoes last summer, and for a bargain. I love the idea of buying fruits and vegetables directly from the person who grew it, and I love how affordable it is. I also love the sense of community that comes with markets--it's beyond a shopping trip, it's an experience, from talking with growers to live music and craft booths. I am on cloud nine to find that I could go to a farmer's market every day of the week, not to mention Pike Place, you-pick farms, and fruit & vegetable stands just a few miles up our highway. We checked out our local Renton market on our anniversary back in July, and picked up some delicious treats. Brad also bought me a beautiful bouquet to show he still cares after three years. Romantic sigh. It has been a breeze with him. He's better than all the farmer's markets in the world.


My "Happy Anniversary" from Bradford. I still owe him a decent cheesecake!

No comments: