Friday, December 14, 2007

Jane might turn into a tomato


Right now, I only take photos like this...from other people. Please don't throw tomatoes at me.

We stopped in at our favorite little produce shop yesterday. I was craving Brussels sprouts (hooray for healthy pregnancy craving!) and Jane, apparently, was craving tomatoes. The mere sight of them kept her "mmm-mmming" all the way home. It inspired me to make a t-shirt for her with a big tomato on it and some clever phrase like "I don't just eat tomatoes, I wear them" or "My mommy says it's okay to eat tomatoes in this shirt." Yeah, i'm using the word clever quite liberally up there. That's how creativity goes for me, lately--the spark of an idea is there, even if it hasn't developed into any kind of happy campfire.
If anyone has any ideas for a tomato shirt that you would like to share, please do. You may even get to see your idea *published* on Jane!
Whatever she is wearing, nothing makes me happier than watching Jane bite into a juicy, tangy tomato. Yesterday was actually pretty incredible--she ate baby carrots, bites of sweet pepper, munched on some "trees" (broccoli), and ate half of a satsuma. I love sharing my food discoveries with her, and she is proving an agreeable partner in exploration.

1 comment:

b-ryce said...

I voted for green. Go green!